- DOUGLAS MACINTYRE
- Organiser of Sandfest charity concerts which have included several performances by groups and vocalists like Justin Currie (Del Amitri), Clare Grogan (Altered Images), Grahame Skinner (Hipsway), James Grant (Love & Money), The Bluebells, and the Sandford City Rockers (who include members of Aztec Camera, Bourgie Bourgie, The Bluebells, etc).
- Recording artist signed to several major and independent record companies over the past 30 years
- Session musician in both a recording and international touring capacity with many artists including; Lloyd Cole, Vic Godard & the Subway Sect, The Bathers, James Grant/L&M, The Nectarine No9/S.Obs, The Secret Goldfish, Future Pilot AKA, The Bluebells, Jazzateers, among others
- CEO of music rights company The Creeping Bent Organisation, which was established in 1994 and has released over 100 products. Over 30 radio sessions recorded with BBC Radio 1 (John Peel), BBC 6Music (Marc Riley), and BBC Radio Scotland (Vic Galloway)
- Assistant Principal (Riverside Music College)
- Lecturer in Creative Industries (University of West of Scotland, Stow College, Kelvin College)
- Selected BBC television performances:
- Lloyd Cole – Later with Jools Holland https://youtu.be/Pl6a8MgXSkI
The Bluebells – Still Game https://youtu.be/SxHy1XpF9q8
Les worked for many years in IT before leaving South Lanarkshire Council in 2015 to work full time as a landscape photographer and a web developer.
Les has developed a number of websites for local organisations and businesses. If you are interested in having a website developed email firstname.lastname@example.org.
He has also provided images for local books including ‘The Glesart’ by John Young as well as documenting the changes in and around Strathaven and Glassford over the last 19 years. Les has a landscape photography website at www.leshogganphotography.com. His photography is available as prints and in other formats in Jaro Design, Strathaven and the FromStore in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Glasgow as well as online.
Les took over the ownership of Strathaven Echoes along with co-owner Lucy Dawson in 2016 and they now publish the paper every fortnight.
Let’s build something together.
Unless credited all images on this website are by Les Hoggan http://www.leshogganphotography.com