FRETS WORDS is the new publishing and creative writing strand of the Frets Creative venture, overseen by Katy Lironi. There will be an updated blog and guest writers will be asked to contribute. Katy will be writing a blog chronicling family life as it unfolds these days. There will be regular writing sparks/challenges set and, at present, the hope is to inspire others to form a vibrant online community of writers. Please subscribe to the mailing list on the homepage to receive regular creative writing from the members of Frets Words writing group. We currently meet every second Wednesday on Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in joining.
Here Katy explains her writing background and vision for FRETS WORDS.
- To provide a platform for community creative writing
- To allow for the sharing of creative writing – poems/stories/memories….
- To provide direction, encouragement and a listening ear
- To arrange workshops with published writers of different genres
- To provide workshops, on line at present – this can be whatever you want it to be. I will provide writing challenges/ideas/sparks of interest….you write whatever comes to mind…poem/prose/diary entry/ song/stream of consciousness, it can be presented as written content or spoken word . There is no rule that says you have to share this with anyone, writing can be purely for personal pleasure or cathartic, a working through of what’s going on in our minds right now. But if you want to share it, we can have a workshop blog where we can constructively comment on each other’s writing in a positive way. I can arrange for guest writers to run workshops on specific styles of writing. Or we can all just write and share for fun. It’s up to you where this goes and how it looks. Just keep in touch and happy writing and creating!
MY LIFE IN WRITING – KATY LIRONI In short
- Poems/ short stories published in various literary magazines from 1990 onwards
- Short story and poem Published in 2 anthologies of new writing published by Scottish Arts Council
- Song lyricist since the mid 1980s – various radio sessions; live performances and cd/vinyl releases
- Diploma in Publishing / Post Grad in English / Masters in Adult and Continuing Education
- Creative writing (Masters placement) tutor, Langside College
- Creative Writing Development Officer North Lanarkshire Council
- Devised and delivered song lyric writing workshop for South Lanarkshire Council